Top Review by castofhawks
I am a biased reviewer... this recipe is from my sister, who made these for my family. We all loved them, including the two kids under 10. She makes them ahead and then freezes them individually. They reheat beautifully. Give them a try!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 large onion
- 2 sweet potatoes or 2 yams
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the sweet potatoes with a vegetable peeler and chop them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a glass casserole dish with a lid and 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high with the lid on for 7 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Drain the can of black beans, rinsing once.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and put on medium heat. Add all the ingredients except the tortillas. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Once the ingredients are heated through, mash with a fork until you get the consistency you want. You don't have to mash it all if you like chunky burritos.
- Fill the tortillas, wrap as burritos and serve.