Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this recipe when I was trying to use up some ingredients and add some extra nutrition to my burritos. The taco seasoning should be added to your own taste.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- In a large skillet, add beans, tomatoes, barley and taco seasoning, bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer on low heat 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, stir and simmer another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas according to package instructions.
- Serve in tortillas, top with one tb cheese each.
- You can also top with additional toppings such as lettuce, salsa or sour cream, as desired.