Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple, quick and delicious. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 lbs whole black bass
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean fish and place in a shallow casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix almonds, mushrooms and butter; spread over fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and bake for 20 minutes.
Wonderful recipe! Very fast & easy to make. I added chili powder, garlic salt, and a splash of lime juice to the bass. I used spray butter to reduce calories.