Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine beans, tomato, onion and celery.
- Gently stir in vinegar and sprinkle with parsley; season to taste and serve.
I have made this several times now. I substitute regular white vinegar for the white wine vinegar and the whole family enjoys this! The dressing does not overwhelm the flavors of the vegetables. I also have doubled the recipe, using one can black beans and one can red beans with two cans white beans for a different color combination.
The flavor of the vinegar was a little too "whang!" for me so I added a little olive oil. This tempered the acidity and made a really good lunch. Thank you!