I "cooked" this up when I wanted a fuss-free dinner and all I had at hand were tomatoes, really soft bread, tofu, and hummus! Don't let the combination of ingredients put you off; this tastes yum! You can also have this for a healthy snack, or even for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the hummus evenly over the 2 slices of bread.
- 2Roast (yes, roast!) the crumbled tofu in a non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat for a about 1-2 minutes.
- 3Lower the flame, add the chopped tomatoes, and saute with constant stirring until the tomatoes are soft.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and saute for another minute.
- 5Remove from flame, and pile the tofu-mixture over one bread slice (hummus side up).
- 6Season with extra salt and pepper if necessary, cover with the other bread slice and eat immediately, with ketchup, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bizarre but Tasty Tofu Tomato Sandwich (And Good for You Too!)
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g