Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is the darkest of dark chocolate pound cakes with an incredibly rich decadent glaze. It is beautiful enough for company but great enough to make for our families, who are our greatest critics :)
Top Review by chia
this is the most precise recipe-- the cake was done in the exact time, came out of the pan perfectly, looks and tastes great! i used the glaze and confectioners sugar, garnished with raspberries and strawberries- very impressive presentation
- 170.09 g unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml instant coffee
- 29.58 ml hot water
- cold water
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
Dark Chocolate Glaze
- 56.69 g unsweetened baking chocolate
- 44.37 ml butter
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- 44.37-59.16 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, soda and powder.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, dissolve coffee in hot water and add enough cold water to measure 1 1/2 cups.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add flour mixture alternately with coffee mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until center tests done.
- Cool 30 minutes and remove from pan onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely and transfer to serving dish.
- Drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
- GLAZE: Melt chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in confectioner's sugar, alternately with water, until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in vanilla extract.