Intensely Deep Dark Chocolate Brownies
For Chocolate Lovers only. Moist, rich and decadent. Add the walnut only if you desire. So easy to prepare! From Gourmet Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (fine quality, no more than 60% cacao)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in center position.
- Butter and flour 13" x 9" pan.
- In 3 qt heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Whisk in sugar and vanilla into chocolate/butter combination.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In separate bowl combine Dutch process chocolate powder, flour and salt.
- Combine flour mixture with chocolate/butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Add chopped walnuts if using.
- Spread brownie batter in pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation