This recipe allows for elegant and simple presentation. The combination of chocolate, red wine and lemon juice offsets the delicate flavour of the lamb quite well.
- Marinate lamb cutlets in salt, pepper and extra virgin olive for 45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat heavy based saucepan with butter until very hot.
- Add lamb cutlets and cook 45 second each side. Remove and rest in warm place.
- Pour excess oil out of pan and deglaze with lemon juice. Add red wine and finely chopped garlic and rosemary. Reduce for 7 minutes.
- Sautee spinach in butter and garlic. Blanch asparagus.
- After the wine has reduced add finely chopped chocolate and thicken. Pour through a fine sieve to remove rosemary and garlic from sauce.
- Plate spinach, then asparagus on top and crown cutlets around. Drizzle sauce over cutlets.
- Serve and enjoy!