Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are tasty appetizers that call for fresh mozzarella. The recipe is from Paula Deen that was published in Ladies Home Journal.
- flour, for work surface
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3 ounce box)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1 large plum tomato, thinly sliced (about 8-9 slices)
- 3 ounces salted fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced (8-9 slices)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 8-9 rounds and transfer to prepared baking sheet, placing 1 inch apart.
- Using a fork, prick each round in several places.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each round with about 1/2 t Parmigiano-Reggiano, then cover with 1 tomato slice; season with salt and pepper.
- Top each with 1 mozzarella slice.
- Bake until pastry is puffed and golden, 12-14 minutes.
- Sprinkle each tart with basil and serve warm.
Great little appetizers and easy to make.
These were really good! Had a nice presentation with a simple taste. There was nothing overwhelming nor anything that jumped out at you. Overall a nice appetizer. Thanks Lainey6605 for posting.