1/1 Photo of Bite-Size Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts
These are tasty appetizers that call for fresh mozzarella. The recipe is from Paula Deen that was published in Ladies Home Journal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry.
- 3Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 8-9 rounds and transfer to prepared baking sheet, placing 1 inch apart.
- 4Using a fork, prick each round in several places.
- 5Bake 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle each round with about 1/2 t Parmigiano-Reggiano, then cover with 1 tomato slice; season with salt and pepper.
- 7Top each with 1 mozzarella slice.
- 8Bake until pastry is puffed and golden, 12-14 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle each tart with basil and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bite-Size Tomato and Mozzarella Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 159.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g