Recipe by Sharon123
Serve this for lunch or dinner along with a nice green salad! Adapted from Pampered Chef cookbook "All The Best" from our kitchen to yours. Enjoy!
Top Review by invictus
Made this last night with a good spinach salad. I thought it was wonderful but the boys in my house were not a fan hence the 4 stars. Maybe it was the mayo? Regardless I loved it. I didn't use the egg white and instead sprinkled the italian seasoning on top which seemed to work just fine.
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (11 ounce) packagesrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Chop chicken , dice bell pepper. Snip basil. I.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, bell pepper, basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and garlic. Mix well.
- Place bread dough, seam sides up, on a cutting board. Slice each loaf lenthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle flour evenly over dough.
- Roll dough croswise to 4" width, creating a well down the center of each loaf.
- Spoon half of the chicken mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an Xpattern on a baking sheet. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure 8, keeping the ends of the dough 1" from edge of pan and leacving two 1 1/2" openings in the center of twist.
- Combine egg white and Italian seasoning.Lightly brush over dough. Cut a 3" slit in each of the top seections of the twist to reveal filling. Sprinkle 2 tbls. Parmesan cheese over loaf.
- Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes. Enjoy!