Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pan-fried Halibut Steak With a Light Green Sauce, another family favorite from Umberto Menghi's Seafood Cookbook. This is one of my dh's favorite dishes by Umberto. The halibut is the star in this dish.
- 4 halibut steaks, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all purpose
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine, dry
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons basil, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped, garnish
- Rinse the halibut and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and dust with the flour.
- Fry the steaks in butter for 4 - 5 minutes per side until golden brown, then remove and place on platter, set aside and keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, add the lemon juice and mix in, then add the ceam and mix it in also, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Next add the basil, parsley and capers, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the halibut and sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
I used amberjack because that was what I had fresh. Absolutely delicious! I threw in some chopped green olives too to add to the color. Just spectacular. Thanks for sharing....made for Photo Tag Game.
Oh my gosh, what a wonderful purpose for halibut.I actually went right down the recipe and ended up with flavor perfection. Served with a carrot salad and Chickpea Flat Bread for a delicious meal. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.