Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garlicky, lemony Italian-style grilled steaks served with steamed spinach. Adapted from a recipe on Huey's website. Huey (Iain Hewitson) is a popular Australian chef who hosts a TV show twice each weekday and has written several books. He also owns Tolarno's restaurant in Melbourne.
- 4 beef t-bone steaks
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Sprinkle the steaks with a little oil, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Oil the BBQ or grill and seal one side of the steaks, then turn the steaks over and sprinkle them with salt and a little more oil and lemon juice.
- Vigorously rub the cut side of the garlic along the bone and cook the steaks on a high heat, covered, for about 7-8 minutes (for rare to medium-rare; longer for well-done), turning the steaks a couple of times.
- Mix together the butter, the juice of the 1/2 lemon and the parsley, and serve the steaks with a dollop of the butter mixture on top and steamed spinach or your choice of vegetables on the side.
Simple can be so good and this recipe is proof. Loved the lemon.
I was surprised! Lemon on a steak? But this was delicious served with spinach...I used Spinach With Pine Nuts. I will definitely make this again! Next time I will melt the butter/lemon/parsley mixture and place into small dipping bowls for the steak. That way the butter will be warm and the "dollop" of butter won't cool the steak prematurely. This recipe is heavenly...don't hesitate to try it. I made this for Zaar 123-4 Stars Game!
This was wonderful. The flavour of the lemon matched beautifully with the steaks, I had no idea it would be so good. As another reviewer has said, the lemon butter melts into a lovely sauce. I really enjoyed this recipe, thanks!