Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe this morning on the www.backofthebox.com website. Here is what the website says: This moist and tempting banana bread made with Bisquick® mix has a sweet chocolate surprise. Success Hint: You may be tempted to add extra chocolate chips to batter, but try not to. The additional chips may sink to the bottom during baking.
- 1 1⁄3 cups bananas, mashed very ripe (2 large)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix, Original
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom of loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Stir together bananas, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in Bisquick mix and chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Great, easy and quick. Made with things I already had one hand, saving my poor ever-so-fast ripening bananas. I did not have chocolate chips on hand and I actually used a bar of Nestle Aero chocolate that I cut into choc chip sized pieces. Came out great!
Made for Summer, 2009 Comfort Cafe. Very simple to make, smells wonderful baking, good texture. DH is already working on his second biiggg piece and the bread is still warm!!
I have been making this bread for years!! It's so easy to make and so delicious!!