Prep 5 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Here is a recipe for Belgium Speculoos Cookies, Biscoff means Biscuit with Coffee.
- 8 ounces weight all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces weight dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 ounces butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- (This recipe calls for a scale, everything is weighed not measured in measuring cups).
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, brown sugar and spices. Add butter (cut in little bits) and milk. Mix to make a light dough.
- Set aside in the fridge for 3-4 hours or for a complete night.
- After you have let it chill, spread the dough out cut it with cookie cutters, then place the cutouts on a lightly greased flat pan or cookie sheet.
- Cook the ?Speculoos? in a preheated oven (400?) for 15 minutes.