Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's grandmother makes this cookie every Christmas. It is a family favorite!
- 3⁄4 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped walnuts or flaked coconut
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt and stir until combined.
- Roll teaspoonful of dough into balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped nuts or flaked coconut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and press thumb into center of each. You can also you the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bakeat 350 deg. F. for 5 minutes, Indent again. Bake 8-10 minutes more.
- Cool then fill with candied cherries or assorted jams or jellies.