Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's grandmother makes this cookie every Christmas. It is a family favorite!
Make and share this Birds Nest Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt and stir until combined.
- Roll teaspoonful of dough into balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped nuts or flaked coconut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and press thumb into center of each. You can also you the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bakeat 350 deg. F. for 5 minutes, Indent again. Bake 8-10 minutes more.
- Cool then fill with candied cherries or assorted jams or jellies.