Top Review by diner524
Very nice mac n cheese recipe which was enjoyed by DS and myself for lunch!! I made this for 6 servings although omitted the bread crumbs as we don't care for them on our mac n cheese in my family. This is very similar to the way I make our mac n cheese except for the dry mustard, parmesan and bread crumbs. We loved the addition of the dry mustard and parmesan cheese but next time would maybe cut back some on the salt and I love salty. I used freshly grated parmesan and cheddar so maybe the parmesan was extra salty??? Thanks 2Bleu for sharing a slight twist to my normal recipe!!!
- 59.16 ml butter
- 44.37 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 709.77 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese (or parm or romano mix)
- 113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni, fully cooked (large style)
- 118.29 ml seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, dry mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and heavy cream, stirring continuously until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses (a little at a time) and mix until smooth and cheese has melted.
- In a large bowl, pour cheese mixture over macaroni, mixing well. Place mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.