Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. Best if grilled over kiawe or mesquite. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 9.85 ml rock salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml minced fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4 (680.38 g) tri-tip steaks
- Combine salt, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add steak.
- Cover and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill steaks to desired degree of doneness, about 4-5 minute per side for medium rare.
I decreased the amount by half, and added a few drops of mesquite liquid smoke. Great flavors I think this would also work well for pork.
DH loved this marinade. Me too of course. But sometimes he's so hard to please when it comes to steak marinade. There is not a lot of liquid in this marinade but it was perfect. I let the steak in the marinade for 2 hours. Great flavors. I used less salt. Thanks Chocolatl :) Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7