Recipe by DAR Lady
I gleaned this recipe for KFC type fried chicken from a 70's Phil Donahue Talk show on TV. The guest offered copycat recipes for many famous products. I've seen other copycat recipes for KFC's chicken but this one comes closest for me plus it's baked instead of fried which just seems healthier to me. The original recipe called for 1 package of Lipton cup-a-soup mix and 1 package of Good Seasons dry Italian salad dressing mix but Food.com didn't recognize these terms so I had to figure out amounts If you have any questions just send me a note and i'll try and help.
- 2 fryer chickens, cut into eights or 16 chicken pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 ounce lipton dry tomato soup mix
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packetgood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all dry ingredients to a zip-lock bag and shake to mix well.
- Add the 16 chicken pieces and shake to coat all sides well.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, dab the melted butter on top of each piece.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-45 minutes or until golden brown and tender.