Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tasty candied apples.
- 6 medium apples
- 6 wooden skewers
- 7 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- halloween cake decorations or candy sprinkles
- Cover a tray with wax paper.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Insert a stick into the stem end of each apple.
- Place chocolate and shortening into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. If necessary Microwave at high another 10 seconds, stirring after each heating. It is ready for use when chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Dip apples into chocolate, twirl to remove excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles while chocolate is still warm.
- Place on tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.