Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't believe no one has posted this original, oh-so-simple recipe. Although I have tried many deviled egg recipes that I loved, and have awarded 5 stars to at least one here, my husband always demands at least one batch of "the old way." This is from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook. Although I nearly always use mayonnaise, Miracle Whip and half-and-half are acceptable substitutes in a pinch.
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half, gently remove yolks, and place whites on a serving platter.
- Mash yolks well with a fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Fill whites with egg yolk mixture.
- Can be refrigerated up to 24 hours.
My grandmother taught me to make these deviled eggs. They are easy but not lacking in taste. If you want to jazz them up just add some pickle relish.
Simple and tasty. I added a dash of hot sauce to the filling and would add a little more salt next time. DH and I both really enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing.
I made these to impress my BF and he loved them. For the last few eggs, I added a dash of hot sauce to the filling to spice them up a bit. Not bad for my first try at deviled eggs.