Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
healthy and sweet -
- 1 (1 lb) can pear half
- 6 maraschino cherries
- 1 (1 lb) can yellow cling peaches or 1 (1 lb) can apricot halves
- 1 (6 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 cup kerry irish gold unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup sour cream, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain fruits and arrange in an oblong pan, 13 x 9 x 2.
- Pour mixture of remaining ingredients over the fruit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Baste with the drippings in the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment to meat or as a dessert with sour cream on the side.
My cousins make this side dish for all the turkey and/or ham holidays. It's a great go-with for either one. Easy to make and pretty to present. Good served warm or cold over ice cream and pound cake too!