Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. Posting for future use. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by Kim H.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, for baking
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ghirardelli chocolate chips (chocolate lovers, you can always add more chocolate chips as desired!) or 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (chocolate lovers, you can always add more chocolate chips as desired!) or 1 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate chips (chocolate lovers, you can always add more chocolate chips as desired!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Recommended Baking Tools: KitchenAid Nonstick Cookie Sheet KitchenAid Silicone Baking Mat (use this over a regular metal cookie sheet) or SiliconeZone Baking Mat KitchenAid Silicone Spatula Scraper
- Directions Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Mix shortening, Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer till blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets and press gently to lightly flatten dough. Bake 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Note: If you like chewy cookies, you may want to bake them for less time (just make sure you watch them!) Of course, this all depends on your oven temperature! This recipe makes 3 dozen medium size cookies - that's about 3 cookie sheets!