Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Mix cake mix, pudding, sour cream, oil, water and eggs together.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Shave 1 German chocolate bar.
- Stir into batter and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes in 9 x 13-inch pan, floured and greased.
This is the most requested birthday cake in our family! Top with frosting made from 1 stick oleo, 8 oz. cream cheese, 1 lb. powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla, and 1/2 c. chopped pecans. Yummy!
This is the recipe that my family has used for years and everyone loves it and takes seconds.
Now, this is the recipe I had been searching for. It is the real deal. It smells wonderful and tastes great.