Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
v. v. v. good banana bread from her book, food men love!
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 2 cups nuts, your favorite, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, for topping (optional)
- nuts, chopped for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, make well in center.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Pour into the dry mix and blend slightly, by hand with wooden spoon.
- Add melted margarine and mix a bit more.
- Add mashed bananas and nuts if using.
- Mix until ingredients are blended (do not over mix!).
- Spoon batter into pans and top with browns sugar and nuts if desired.
- Bake 45-55 mins (20-25 for muffins).
- Turn out to cool.
- Slice and serve with butter.
This is a very tasty muffin which is loaded with banana flavor, nice and moist and oh so easy to make. I made half the recipe and it made 6 jumbo muffins that baked for exactly 30 minutes. I prepared without the optional topping and they were still delicious. I will make these treasures many times. Next time I will add the topping for variety. Thanks Sizzlera for your awesome contribution. Keep up the good work.