5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. In Hawaii "Spam" is a very popular food. You find it everywhere and in everything. Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns and Spam team up in this recipe and they are "Simply Fantastic". You will love the crispy potato coating on the tender, moist spam. Please try it, you will love it.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 12 ounces Spam
- 4 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, s
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- Slice spam into 8 slices. Set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil.
- Using your hands "press" an ample amount (1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons) of hashbrowns on each side of each slice of spam.
- Gently place into heated skillet and brown for 3 - 4 minutes per side. Do not try to move until browning.
- Sprinkle both sides with cajun seasoning and serve with tomato slices.