Recipe by MizzNezz
Our Sunday favorite! Allow time to chill before cooking.
Top Review by Evie*
Comfort food to the max! Just felt like some good old fried chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner, so went hunting for recipes and came up with this easy to prepare one. The chicken was moist and the poultry seasoning gave it a nice flavour, thanks for posting. =)
- 1 fryer, cut up
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- cooking oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken pieces in shallow bowl; cover with buttermilk.
- Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Drain chicken; toss with dry mixture.
- Place on wax paper for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in large skillet.
- Fry chicken until browned on all sides.
- Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 more minutes.