1/4 Photos of Best Ever Green Bean Casserole - Fresh!
Mommy Diva's Note:
This recipe is from Claire Robinson on the Food Network and looked absolutely TO DIE FOR! It's really similar to one we have made in the past at our family gatherings. I am trying this for Thanksgiving this year! I might add a little white pepper, bacon or some red pepper flakes...but I have to try the original version first!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- 680.38 g fresh french beans, ends trimmed (green beans)
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 29.58 ml vidalia onions, finely chopped
- 113.39 g baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml corn flakes cereal (recommended ( Corn Flakes)
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat then add the beans and cook until just tender (but still firm), about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the beans from the water to a large bowl of ice water to preserve color and stop the cooking then drain the beans and set aside.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- 4Stir in the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste, saute about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Add the flour and stir for another minute, to cook out the raw flour taste, and then whisk in the sour cream.
- 6Simmer for just a couple of minutes to bring the flavors together and taste for seasoning.
- 7Cut the green beans into 2-inch pieces.
- 8Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan. Crush the cereal flakes in a resealable plastic bag and add them to the pan with the butter, tossing to coat.
- 9Spread the green beans over the bottom of a 9-inch casserole dish and pour all of the mushroom sauce mixture over the beans topping with the grated cheese.
- 10Sprinkle with the buttered cereal flakes and bake in the preheated 400 degree F oven, until light golden brown and bubbly, approximately 20 minutes.
- 11Remove from the oven and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Green Bean Casserole - Fresh!
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh french beans