2 hrs 20 mins
From a package of Land O Lakes butter. Don't let the orange juice throw you! I just made Orange Drop Cookies (Orange Drop Cookies) which also uses orange juice and they were some of the best cookies I've ever made - despite the fact that I don't like fruit. I have yet to try this recipe, but it's on my list...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large mixer bowl.
- 2Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- 3Reduce speed to low.
- 4Add flour, orange juice, vanilla and baking powder.
- 5Beat until well mixed.
- 6Divide dough into thirds and wrap in plastic food wrap.
- 7Refrigerate until firm (2-3 hours).
- 8Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 9On lightly floured surface roll out dough, one third at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 10Cut with 4 or 5 inch cookie cutter.
- 11Place one inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 12Bake for 6-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 13Let stand one minute then remove from cookie sheet.
- 14Cool completely.
- 15Frosting: Combine all frosting ingredients in small bowl.
- 16Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy.
- 17Tint with food color if desired.
- 18Frost and decorate cookies as desired.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2815.0
- Calories from Fat 1145
- Total Fat 127.2 g
- Saturated Fat 78.9 g
- Cholesterol 432.1 mg
- Sodium 1097.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 402.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 279.1 g
- Protein 20.9 g