I was looking to see if this recipe is on here yet but i couldn't find it which really surprised me. It is sooo good!
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. (I always sift the flour, but I guess it doesn't really matter.).
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add egg.
- Stir in flour mixture. Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. (I don't see this point of this, but it was in the directions so I guess you might want to.).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into balls and flatten slightly on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- NOTE: I rolled this dough into a log and froze it overnight, but when I took it out to bake, it was VERY crumbly. I just added 1 tablespoons milk and the problem was fixed perfectly!
- I REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE THESE!
Super cookies Christine! Really like the addition of cinnamon, it adds a nice dimension. I had a batch of muffins in the oven and was going to pop the cookies in next when I realized I was supposed to refrigerate the dough for one hour. I only refrigerated for 20 minutes while the muffins were baking and it still seemed to turn out fine. One thing to note though is to watch these closely. One minute they looked under-cooked and then within about 30 -45 seconds they were golden brown and ready to come out. My batch made 4 dozen but I may have made them a bit larger. Would definitely recommend this recipe and have added to my own file too. Thanks for a great recipe. Update Nov 08...This has become a regular cookie at our house so I took a pic for you today!
These cookies were really good. Crispy on crunchy on the outside and goes great with a big glass of milk!! Thanks for sharing!