1/1 Photo of Berry Friands
melting pot's Note:
Very simple, very nice. No whisking, no folding, just simple stirring required. And you can substitute the blueberries with any type of berry, or even choc-chips or slivered almonds. This one is definitely a good thing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Melt the butter either in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat on the stove. Set aside.
- 3Sift the icing sugar, flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the almond meal and stir to combine.
- 4Add the egg whites and stir to combine.
- 5Add the butter and stir to combine. Don't worry if there are a few lumps, just make sure there aren't too many. Mixture should be medium thick.
- 6Lightly grease 10 muffin cups of about 1/2-cup capacity. If your tray has 12, grease 10 and fill the remaining cups with water.
- 7Spoon 2 tablespoons into each cup, then sprinkle 2-4 blueberries on top.
- 8Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until they spring back lightly when touched.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berry Friands
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g