My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using Dried Chickpeas: Put rinsed chickpeas in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Let sit overnight or at least eight hours. (Note: I use a crock pot to cook the beans overnight.).
- 2Drain, rinse and add water to cover by 2 inches. Add salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a good simmer and allow to cook for about 45 minutes or until tender. They should be cooked through but not mushy.
- 3Drain well and lay on a baking sheet or a kitchen towel to dry.
- 4Canned Chickpeas: Rinse well and set aside to dry.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 7Place chickpeas on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil and the berber spice mix. Shake pan to roll chickpeas to distribute the oil and spices. The beans should be all in an even single layer.
- 8Bake for about 30 minutes, shaking pan every 10 minutes or so to move the chickpeas around. When done, the garbanzo beans should be slightly crunchy on the outside but still soft inside.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Berber Spice Roasted Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1598.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.8 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: