Recipe by Hey Jude
My friend Bella served this dessert to a bunch of us after a lunch we had today. It is absolutely delicious! Different and easy to make as well. We had it as a dessert but it would be an excellent morning coffee break coffee cake, or a good addition to a brunch table.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- chopped nuts, any kind you like,bella uses pecans but the day i had this,she didn't put any nuts on it (she was out of them and had a flat tire on her car)
Confectioners sugar glaze
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut 1/2 cup
- butter into 1 cup
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons
- water over mixture; mix with fork;
- round into a ball; divide in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, pat each half into a strip, 12x3 inches.
- Strips should be about 3 inches apart.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat 1/2 cup
- butter and 1 cup water to to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in almond extract and 1 cup
- Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs, all at one time, until smooth.
- Divide in half; spread each half evenly over strips, covering completely.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until topping is crisp and brown.
- Drizzle with confectioners' sugar glaze and sprinkle generously with nuts.
- For the glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar, butter, almond or vanilla extract and warm water until smooth.