Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A new twist on beetroot. The sweet beetroot and tart cheese go together very well.
- 6 medium raw beetroots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1⁄4 cup watercress, picked into small sprigs
- Wash the beetroot and put them in a pan of salted water with the white wine vinegar.
- Boil for 30-40 minutes or until tender - when pricked with a skewer there should be no resistance.
- Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- peel - wear a pair of washing up gloves to stop your hands from turning pink.
- Cut each beetroot in half and then into wedges and arrange on a large platter.
- Drizzle the warm beetroot with half the balsamic vinegar and half the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, break the goat's cheese into pieces over the beetroot.
- sprinkle on the tarragon, watercress and remaining vinegar and oil.