Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ever wonder what those wonderful crunchy garnishes on top of your meal are in a nice restaurant? Well, this is them. Look fancy but o so easy.
- slice your beets paper thin on a mandolin.
- Tarot root also can be done the same way.
- you can also use a potato peeler to peel strips of parsnips or sweet potato.
- Heat you vegetable oil to 350 deg.
- For beet or tarot chips, fry in batches flipping during cooking.
- For sweet potatoes and parsnips, drop shavings into hot oil and swirl carefully so they dont stick together.
- Cook till crisp.
- remove to a paper towel lined pan.
- Season immediately with salt.
excellent.............Absolutely no words.tried them with beetroot..next time ill try with sweet potato..i added chilli pawder and cracked pepper.simply yummy ..........will make it again!!!!
Great! I served these as nibblies before a dinner party and they were very well received. I used parsnip, sweet potato and beetroot - made thin slices using a potato peeler. I will make these again, as a fantastic tasty alternative to packet potato chips.