Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Bon Appetit magazine-unknown date
- 1 large beet, peeled and cutinto 3/4-inch cubes (ora few small)
- 1 cup drained canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Cook beets in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and place into food processor, add garbanzo benas, almonds, oil and garlic and blend until smooth. Add vinegar and blend, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita chips or veggies for dipping.
Fabulous! Almost like a garlicky hummus spread with a twist. The beet and nuts really combine well with the garbanzos to add depth of flavor. And I was surprised at how one little beet can turn things a bright raspberry pink! This partners perfectly with Low Fat Pita Chips sprinkled with cumin, salt and pepper. Thanks, WeBees!