1/4 Photos of Beet and Ginger Kvass Treat Your Liver Good!
Get hydrated with this earthy drink. Beet Kvass is a effervescent lactic acid fermented beverage the ginger making it even more effervescent. It can be consumed as a tonic drink, or used to make a vinaigrette dressing or use over cooked greens. Beet ginger kvass, like other lactic acid fermented drinks, is best consumed in relatively small amounts. It is considered a tonic drink, due to the many health benefits from nutrients, enzymes and beneficial organisms in it. Folk medicine values beets and beet kvass for their liver cleansing properties and beet kvass is widely used in cancer therapy in Europe. Anecdotal reports indicate that beet kvass is an excellent therapy for chronic fatigue, chemical sensitivities, allergies and digestive problems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 large organic beets, peeled and chopped up coarsely
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup whey (a by-product of yogurt cheese or kefir milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- filtered water
- mineral water (Don`t use tap water if it is chlorinated because chlorine will inhibit the fermentation process)
- 1Place beets, ginger, whey and salt in a 1 quart glass container. Add filtered water to fill the container. Stir well and cover securely.
- 2Keep at room temperature for 4-7 days before transferring to refrigerator.
- 3Can be drank immediately, 4 ounces am and pm.
- 4When most of the liquid has been drunk, (you can cut the beets in half which is optional, they will be slimy) fill up the container with filtered or spring water and keep at room temperature another one or two days. The resulting brew will be slightly less strong than the first. After the second brew, discard the beets into your mulch pile and start again.
- 5You can reserve some of the liquid and use this as your inoculate instead of the whey.
- 6Addition of honey water sparkling water may help it go down better for ya!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Ginger Kvass Treat Your Liver Good!
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: