Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made these this summer and everyone really liked them. It is a friend's recipe.
- 6 slices ham, 3/4 " thick
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer or 1 (12 ounce) bottle ale
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- In a large skillet, lightly brown the ham slices in the butter.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornstarch, mustard and spices.
- Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the beer or ale until smooth.
- Pour this into the skillet, along with the remaining beer and the brown sugar.
- Stir contstantly while cooking over a meduium heat until smooth and thick.
- Return the ham to the skillet, reduce heat and simmer until ham is well heated.
- Serve ham on a platter with glaze in a gravy boat on the side.
Enjoyed as a quick meal, but the fam likes a sweeter taste more than that in this recipe. Thank you though, cuz they still ate it all!!