Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Food Network it's from All American Festivals.
- 4 tablespoons rub seasoning (your favorite barbecue rub)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 tablespoon fresh black pepper
- 12 ounces can beer
- 1 whole chicken
- 1⁄4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat a grill to 250 degrees F.
- Remove giblets from inside of chicken. Rub chicken with your favorite barbecue rub, paprika, and pepper.
- Open beer and dispense 1/4 of can, so the can is 3/4 full. Hold chicken so that the cavity is at the bottom. Place chicken over beer can so that the cavity covers the can.
- Stand chicken upright in the center of grill. Cook for 3 hours, until skin is golden brown.
- Glaze with favorite barbecue sauce 15 minutes prior to removing from grill.
- Remove from grill. Cut and serve.
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.