Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like onion rings but with more options!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml beer or 177.44 ml pale ale or 177.44 ml lager beer
- 177.44 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Cut zucchini into ½ inch slices. Cut ends of asparagus off. Place in shallow dish and coat with buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, beer, flour, cornmeal, salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- Heat oil in deep skillet to 350°. Dip asparagus spears and zucchini slices one-by-one into the batter and place in hot oil. Fry for 1-3 minutes. Fry in batches and do not overcrowd skillet. black pepper.
- After frying, place on paper towels. When all are finished, serve immediately with a side of aioli and ranch dressing.