Recipe by FloridaGrl
As a pickle lover, these are the best! I know a lot of people hear, "Fried Pickles" and go yuck--but they really are good. I use the Claussen sandwich slices because they are more crispy than the others.
- 2 (16 ounce) jars dill pickles, sandwich slices drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- garnish season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together egg and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1 1/2 cups flour, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven; heat over medium high to 375.
- Dip pickle slices into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off. Fry pickles,in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Drain and pat dry on paper towels; serve immediately with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce.
- SPICY RANCH DIPPING SAUCE:.
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients. Garnish with the extra season salt if desired. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.