Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the perfect batter for seafood. I don't understand it when people use a packet from the supermarket to make this. It's so easy and foolproof, and puffs and crisps up perfectly!
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (375 ml) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse pepper
- 500 g seafood (prawns, squid, fish etc.)
- Place flour, beer, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Dip seafood into batter. Deep-fry until golden brown.