Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is provided by the Texas Beef Council
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked steak, cut in strips
- 4 whole portabella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Clean mushrooms; remove and save stems.
- Remove and discard gills.
- Brush mushroom caps on both sides with olive oil and 1/2 tsp of the seasoning.
- Sauté chopped mushroom stems, jalapeños and onions until tender.
- Remove from heat and add remaining seasoning, beef and cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Spoon equal amounts into mushroom caps.
- Grill over medium hot coals for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- May be cooked in 350°F oven instead of grill.