Recipe by Alisa Lea
My supervisor brought her leftovers for lunch the other day and it looked and tasted so good I had to have the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 crepes (usually found in the produce dept)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat and add celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and salt and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium low and cook until thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine ricotta, 1 1/2 cups cheese, egg, parsley and rosemary. Divide filling among crepes, using 1/3 cup for each, covering 1/4 of crepe about 1 inch from end. Roll up from filling end.
- Spread 1/3 of sauce in a 12" x 9" baking dish. Top with 4 crepes, seam-side down. Top with 1/3 of sauce, then remaining crepes, sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with foil and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.