Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My aunt gave me this recipe that she clipped from the newspaper when I first got married! My husband just loves it!
- 3 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef (I use chicken but you could use beef or otherwise)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato sauce or 1 1⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup assorted chopped vegetables (original recipe calls for corn, but I like to use mushrooms, red and green bell pepper, mushrooms an)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix hash browns, parmesan cheese and eggs together and press into a pie plate or 9X13 pan.
- Brown ground meat with onion.
- Drain meat and return to heat.
- Add tomato sauce and vegetables to meat and stir to combine.
- Layer meat over the hash browns and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
I thought this wasn't to bad, my family didn't care for this at all. It was very easy to prepare and inexpensive I was disappointed my family didn't like it.
We really enjoyed this recipe also. I used mushrooms as my veggie and store bought bottled garlic and onion spaghetti sauce. It was really good, but next time I think I am going to cook my hash brown crust about 10 minutes before I add the meat mixture to the top of it. But I will surely be making this again. Thanks for the recipe.
We really enjoyed this nice easy recipe. I used green peppers for the vegetables. I also used spaghetti sauce which I had in the freezer. Thanks for a great recipe.