Recipe by Dancer^
Top Review by Gil Baylor
I truly enjoyed the Szechwan Beef recipe. When all of the seasonings are combined and allowed to mellow it has a rich taste, nice bite that's not over powering. I added thinly sliced cabbage and broccoli. I'm not a roasted peanut fan so I didn't include it in the recipe.
- 1 lb top round steak
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 cups fresh pea pods
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot black bean sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black and red pepper blend
- 1 dash ginger
- 1 dash garlic
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into bite-sized strips.
- Steam carrots until tender.
- Mix sherry, soy sauce, hot bean sauce and spices for sauce, set aside.
- Preheat wok over high heat; heat cooking oil, then add chili oil.
- Stir-fry carrots, pea pods and mushrooms until crisp-tender.
- Remove from wok.
- Stir-fry beef, push to side.
- Warm sauce in center of wok.
- Stir in vegetables and beef, add peanuts.