Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This is one of our winter favorites!!
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 3 small onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place beef and flour in a plastic baggie, Shake.
- Pour oil into a large dutch oven, heat.
- Add beef cook until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Cut carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, and bell pepper, add to stew.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine water and flour, stirring well.
- Pour into stew.
- Boil, stirring constantly till thick and bubbly.
This was an excellant recipe. My son made it by himself he sauted garlicin the beginning and added tomatoes & bell pepper towards the end. Yummy.
Excellent Recipe!! I want to thank you for this recipe, I cook every day for my family and this Beef Stew is so easy to make and not only that but, it taste so good! We all enjoyed this and the texture of this beef stew is perfect. Thanks again and keep it coming. Just love it! The Carreon's Family*****
One of the best stews I've eaten in a long time... Varied the recipe a little by using Beef Stock instead of water (towards the end I added more water anyway), increased the Worcestershire sauce to 4 Tbsp, and put the Peppers and Onions in a food processor first. Also increased the #'s of Potato's and Carrots for my kids. And this cooked for 5 hours in a roaster at 350 degrees (didn't have a dutch oven...).