1/2 Photos of Beef Sirloin Tip Roast With Mushroom Gravy
3 hrs 20 mins
A great cost alternative to an expensive cut of beef and if cooked properly using a meat thermometer this recipe will give you perfect results! The roast weight specified should give you 8-10 servings --- *important* the roast must be brought down to almost room temperature, this is a critical step that will relax the meat fibers and insure a juicy tender roast, this step should take a few hours so start this well in advance, do *not* season the roast with salt it will draw out moisture from the meat and will create an overly salty gravy --- one or two 8-ounce cans sliced drained mushrooms may be used in place for the fresh but fresh is better
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Allow the roast to come down to almost room temperature before starting which will take a few hours.
- 2Meanwhile sauté the fresh mushrooms in a skillet until all moisture is released; set aside (if using canned them omit this step).
- 3Set oven to 350°F.
- 4Loosely place a piece of heavy-duty foil in a shallow roasting pan (use a large enough piece to wrap the roast in).
- 5Rub the meat all over with oil, then season with garlic powder and ground black pepper (do not season with salt).
- 6Place the roast onto the the foil in the. pan.
- 7Pour 1-1/4 cups water into the bottom of the foil, then sprinkle dry soup mix over the water.
- 8Insert a meat thermometer into the middle of the roast.
- 9Wrap the foil around the roast (leaving the thermometer sticking out of the foil for easy reading, then seal the roast up tightly with foil.
- 10Cook until an meat thermometer reads 130°F for medium-rare.
- 11IMPORTANT; start checking the temperature of the thermometer at about 1-1/2 hours.
- 12Remove the roast to a serving platter then cover just loosely with foil.
- 13Place the pan drippings into a saucepan.
- 14In a small cup whisk together the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water.
- 15Gradually whisk into the saucepan then bring to a boil whisking for 2 minutes.
- 16Add in the sautéed mushrooms to the gravy.
- 17Serve with the sliced roast.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Sirloin Tip Roast With Mushroom Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast