1/1 Photo of Beef Semur
This was given to me by our Australian exchange student whose family came from Jakarta. It is wonderful with plain rice, especially good with jasmine rice and great all on it's own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 candle nuts or 6 cashew nuts, slightly crushed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 pieces fresh ginger, minced (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 cups water
- 1Slice steak thinly and set aside.
- 2Brown the onions, garlic,ginger and candle nuts in the peanut oil.
- 3Add the meat slices and water chestnuts, cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the soy sauce and water and cook for at least 35 minutes.
- 5Salt and pepper may be added to taste.
- 6Serve over jasmine rice or plain rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Semur
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 2084.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: