Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This will be good for those "after the holidays leftovers". Easy to make and very fast. From Cold Meat Cookery
- 1 lb leftover lean cold roast beef
- 12 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 -2 egg
- savoury herbs, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, to garnish
- Mince the beef very finely, mix with the breadcrumbs, herbs, lemon peel and seasonings.
- Make all into a thick paste with 1 or 2 eggs.
- Divide into balls or cones
- Fry to a rich brown colour in butter/EVOO mix.
- Garnish the dish with fried parsley and serve with some good brown gravy in a tureen.
- Instead of garnishing with fried parsley, gravy may be poured in the dish, round the rissoles.
- Seasonable at any time.