Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a little different then other macaroni pizzas because the beef is the crust and the macaroni the topping in this one. A definite kid-pleaser!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 cups meatless sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- salt, for macaroni water
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- green pepper ring
- Lightly mix beef, seasoned salt, black pepper, egg, crumbs and 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce and press firmly into a 10-inch pizza pan.
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water for 10 min.
- or until tender and drain.
- Mix macaroni with celery, parsley, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and the remaining spaghetti sauce and spread on top of meat.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with rest of cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Lightly brush green pepper rings with oil and arrange in a circle on top of pizza.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
I made this for supper tonight and we all loved it. I didn't have the green peppers either. I thought that it was dry after the first 30 min so I put some extra sauce on the top and then put the rest of the cheese on top. The kids loved it. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 10x13 pan. I still have 1/2 left over. Thank you for this recipe
I made this wonderful dish for supper last night. It is a 5 star all the way. I did make a couple of revisions, simply because I had to make do with what I had on hand. I didn't have any celery, so I adjusted the seasoning salt and added a little celery salt, and I didn't have a bell pepper, so I used a Roma tomato on top for the garnish. It was delish!!!!!